CLIC Awards: Enter Here
On the evening of Saturday 19th November 2011 CLIC and all who sail in her will take over the National Museum Cardiff (it’s that big fancy building with the woolly mammoth you’re not allowed to pet in it). Why? Because that night will be the CLIC Awards 2011.
For three hours we’ll fill its grand hall with music, comedy, circus performers, dancers and prizes, glorious glorious prizes.
And this is where you come in! Well you’re all invited anyway but we need you to submit stuff so as to win the aforementioned glorious glorious prizes.
We’ve drawn up nine categories which we hope cover all aspects of CLIC and her network. Eight of these will be up for public vote and seven of them will be open to everybody from fresh-faced CLIC debutants to grizzled old-timers.
The nine categories are:
- Funniest Article
- Photographer of the Year
- Most Useful Article (info, advice, rights you know useful stuff)
- Best Review (film, theatre, restaurant, music, game, sport, you know reviews of stuff)
- Most Involved
- Best Newcomer (joined since 23rd October 2010)
- Best Creative Article (poem, short story, serial, you know creative stuff)
- Video of the Year (fiction, non-fiction, whatever as long as it's a video)
- CLICer of the Year (Best overall contributor to CLIC)
Most Involved will be decided by a secret and shadowy committee of ninjas, spies and CLIC staff (but mainly CLIC staff) and along with CLICer of the Year will be pretty hard for newbies to win (unless they’re stupendously amazing over the next two months).
So how do you enter? Well everything entered from right… no… right… no… wait… from right NOW will be considered for an appropriate award. You’ve got about a month to write your masterpiece (nominations close Saturday 22nd October 2011).
But we understand that you may want to enter something that was written before the CLIC Awards 2011 was even a sparkle in Daddy CLIC’s eye. So if you want to enter an article, photograph or film that has been published on CLIC or on one of the county sites (that’s - deep breath - Bwsted, Carmarthenshire Youth, Defaid, Shouttawe, Swoosh, TheSprout, Wicid, Young Flintshire or Young Newport) over the past year (from Saturday 23rd October 2010) then either:
- Email the link/URL and the category you want to enter it in to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Tweet the link/URL to @CLIConline or @CLICarlein with the hashtag #CLICawards or #GwobrauCLIC.
Same applies for your nominations for CLICer of the Year and yes you can nominate yourself for anything.
As I said before the nominations closes on Saturday 22nd October 2011 and the voting will start Saturday 29th October 2011.
I think that’s everything for the moment but if I’ve missed anything out or you want to ask a question (ideally about the awards) then pop it in the comments section below and I’ll get back to ASAP.
In the meantime get thinking, get writing, get shooting and get excited for one of the best nights of the year, the CLIC Awards 2011.